In 2003 the online service Divorce Online reported that of the 500 divorce petitions it surveyed, half contained allegations concerning cybersex, inappropriate online relationships and pornography,”
“Viewing pornography can lead to loss of attention towards family, guilt and feelings of low- self esteem.”
Divorce doesn’t just happen. My brother and sister in law went through a divorce that didn’t just happen really easily but there was a bit of emotional infidelity from one of them that led them down the path of divorcing and it had to do with online dating site and relationships. But worse than online dating sites effecting couples and individuals is pornography. I read up on how prevalent porn is pornography is viewed and the statistics of it. Some of them I decided to quote:
“There are around 4.2 million pornography websites (12% of total websites) offering about 372 million pages.” – the state of the nation report
“25% of total search engine requests are pornographic” – the state of the nation report
I was amazed as much as you might be that 25 percent of daily engine search requests is pornographic. I think of how much use the internet and how much I love to search on YouTube and it crazy on how much others may be taking up that percentage for sexual explicit things online. I believe we should have better laws on control porn and that it shouldn’t be able to be looked up easily online but instead you should only be able to look at it through a monitored place providing it, like a safe place to wear people you didn’t want to encounter porn would be protected from it popping up online. I think also we should have more school education about it because I remember in my high school that for my sex ed class they didn’t really teach much and I think it was actually part of my normal physical education class. there needs to be better teaching about sex that Is appropriate and government funding to help naturally curious people with learning it. I can only imagine how much families and individuals with better lives if they abstained from the damaging mind effects of porn and how they would feel better longer without it.
No comments:
Post a Comment