“Eventually the Church was organized into quorums and councils, with various presidencies appointed "to administer in spiritual things" – M Russell Ballard
I like how the Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-Day Saints is organized to where the decisions are made based on councils. I like how in the past Joseph Smith was really thankful in sharing his responsibilities to David whitmer and Oliver cowdrey and how he said it was almost to much for him to bear alone. I realize how there are all kinds of people in the church and how with those different people there are different personalities that need the gifts and talents that a overall council has. I thought of how if a bishop of a ward wants to help the ward part of a ward council is that ideas can be mentioned where each part of the ward can have the a portion of time to become familiar with and to be bettered because of a council that can be held where everyone shares thoughts on bettering that group in ward service. I know in my own family that when my mom and dad were parenting me or my sibling that I was best helped when my mom and dad would come together and join that talents and perspective to you me advice or discipline.
Another quote I like from M Russell Ballard is:
“I don't know that it is possible for any organization to succeed in the Church … without adopting the genius of our Church government. What is that? As I conceive it, the genius of our Church government is government through councils”
No major church decision is made with coming together in church councils to talk about it. I learned that when revelation is received for the whole Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-Day Saints is when the first presidency and quorum of the twelve come together in the temple (which they do every week) and as a council get that uphold that revelation. I think of how that helps my confidence in the changes of the church to where they aren’t just one person choosing.
No comments:
Post a Comment