Saturday, October 27, 2018

Favorite Gottman qoutes


Gottman has an array of insight about successful marriage and key principles to help in those marriages. I thought I would write down some quotes that I thought would be most helpful to people wondering how to be a better future or current spouse some day and the ins and outs or just facts about how a marriage works. According to Gottman he said:

“A romantic and sexual long term committed relationship with another human remains the greatest gift life can offer”

I like this quote because it puts into perspective what drives a humans deepest desires for life and that is to be with another person as a best friend and more importantly as a spouse.

“happily married couples.. rathe than creating a climate of disagreement and resistance.. embrace each others needs” Gottman

I like this quote because this is saying that we as people all have flaws that may weigh us down or make our marriages harder to work through but the thing in marriage is to not see these flaws as something that you should fight but as something as can help you grow as a couple and become stronger together. The key is to realize that you are a team and need to learn to work together and forgive.

“one of the saddest reasons a marriage dies is that neither spouse recognizes its value until its too late” Gottman

I like this quote because it is saying that when we have something good in life that natural thing to do is to not be grateful for it but instead you should see the true beauty of what you have. You should see all the googd things in you life as things that are a blessing and wonderful and not as good.

“the most common method recommended to resolving conflict.. is called active listening” Gottman

This is awesome because listening and doing it actively is best because it show the other that you care and want to work the problem out together

“friendship fuels the flames of romance because it offers the best protection against feeling adversarial towards your spouse”


Try to see how these quotes apply to you and your relationship or others you have experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment